This special task force appointed by the State Librarian is charged with assisting MSL in our study of the current annual statistics collection process. In particular this Task Force will be asked to help evaluate and clarify particular data elements, to consider the addition of other data collection and to improve the collection process. The task force will operate under an April through June 2013 timeline.
Goals of the task force are:
- To better understand the federal guidelines and collection
- To review data elements, with a focus on those data elements currently interpreted in different ways by libraries
- To discuss how often to collect and when to collect (different time than the fall?)
- To look at current BTOP data collection and elements to suggest what to continue after BTOP
- To inform MSL on how it can improve and enhance the collection process to help libraries better tell their stories